He has a background in Public and Private Secondary Education teaching Afrikaans as a first additional language. Through his teaching, he strives to use technology in his lessons in pedagogically valuable methods to engage students in learning opportunities. He presents at summits, conferences and workshops on the integration of digital technologies into education. He believes failure is a step to success and that all teachers are superheroes.
2014 Google Educator Certification
2013 Google Certified Teacher
2012 Post-Grad Certificate in Education
2012 Post-Grad Certificate in Editing (English)
2009 Post-Grad Certificate in Pension Fund Law
Post-Grad Certificate in Advanced Company Law
2008 B.Com Law (Economics major)
2003 Grade 12 / Matric (National Senior Certificate)
• Geek-level computer skills on Windows and Apple Mac.
• Excellent education and technology integration skills regarding Apple Apps and Google Apps For Education using pads/tablets and macs/computers.
• Training in the context of professional development regarding the integration of technology in teaching.
• Training provided:
o Google Apps for Education: Chrome and Extensions / Google Drive and Extensions / Google Sites
o Augmented Reality (Setting up and using Aurasma and Daqri apps)
• Compiling training / educational material in the context of a classroom and professional development.
o Wrote and contributed to grade 9, 10 and 11 Afrikaans First Additional Language textbooks.
o Developed poetry resources across multiple platforms like Prezi, Keynote and Google Drive Slides.
o Developed language in context resources using Keynote.
o Developed prose resources using Aurasma's augmented reality.
o Following creationist theory with learner work.
• Attended Google Educator Group Leader training workshop.
• Excellent editing, proofing and translating of English and Afrikaans.
• Excellent written and verbal communication in English and Afrikaans.